Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jazz!

I bought my very first jazz CD yesterday! While having dinner at my new favorite Thai restaurant, Anchalee, I went to the bathroom and discovered local band Time Out Quartet playing at the neighboring cafe. After their show, I picked up their promotional CD, short and simple, only 8 songs.

While cranking out my Philosophy 2 paper yesterday, I popped the CD into my computer and was amazed. It was an instant transformation- suddenly my living room was this peaceful, romantic setting with sound so crisp and clear that it felt as if the band was playing from my balcony. It was pure, unadulterated music coming from the speakers- no singers, no one to tell me what the song should make me feel. Just me and the music. And Kant and Mill. It was a good night.

In case anyone's interested, I put the .zip of the album on sendspace, feel free to download and listen!

Two straight days of writing, now I'm out. G'nite!

1 comment:

QWN said...

I'm listening to jazz holiday on pandora right now. Finals + rain = epic GLOOM. Holiday music makes it better.