Monday, June 16, 2008

Coming of Age Weekend!

Ah, 21. So much anticipation, so much build-up, and I must say this day (weekend, actually) lived up to its expectation and more. I don't have the energy for a detailed description, but I'll give a brief outline, and let you see the namesake album on Facebook.

Friday night: Went dress shopping with Jiasi back at Pier 17 and her friend Nikitha, ended up walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, which was beautiful. By the time we got back, it was midnight, so we went to La Negrita, I ordered my first drink. My first bar night was incredibly fun.

Thanks so much for all the phone calls, texts and hilarious voicemails everyone. It almost, almost made up for not having you guys around on this day.

Saturday morning was a bit painful, but I eventually overcame the hangover and went to Central Park for Vampire Weekend, where the line was literally a mile long (no, seriously). Unfortunately, a crazy thunderstorm broke out and DRENCHED us, cancelling the concert so we went on home.

As I was getting ready for Saturday night, I was feeling a twinge of sadness that this was my first birthday without a cake (a.k.a. the Terpine Mascarpone Rev promised me over a year ago), and just then I get an awesome surprise delivery of cookies and brownies right to my door, that was great!

Saturday night we did it classy, went to Dizzy's Club Coca Cola at the Lincoln Center for a Caribbean Jazz show by 21st Century Band. It was amazing, I seriously want to learn how to play the saxophone now. Dizzy's offers lots of great student discounts, so if you ever want to go to a jazz club, this is a great place to start.

Afterwards we went up north towards Columbia, hit an Irish pub there, then had munchies at Tom's Restaurant, which is the restaurant taped in Seinfeld! Finally made it to Columbia's campus, with the point being to see it at dark, but by that time, daylight was creeping up on us again. Finally I stumbled home at 5:30am on Sunday, my feet dead from a memorable but painful 10 hours in heels.

That wasn't as brief as I hoped, sorry, but this is also my personal diary, so I'm glad I got it all down.

Also, for all those who sent me (or have promised to send me!) mail, I haven't checked my mail yet, but thanks alot, I NEVER get exciting snail mail!

:-)

No comments: