Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good...

     After only 3 weeks without TDH, this post may seem unwarranted and overdramatic, but the joy that came with my recent bike ride begs to differ. It was a cloudy afternoon, and wanting to exercise, I hopped on my bike and within minutes I was out of the cloud range (clouds were hovering over just the campus, surprise surprise) and riding along the sunny bay, blissful as can be. The excitement and tingling sensation in my lower body (some not so metaphorical) from hopping on after so long wasn't even hampered by the pain in my quads from the lovely trek back home.
     I didn't realize how integral having a bike had become to my life until I was in Berkeley without one. Suddenly simply getting to class and work was a 20 minute trek. I felt helpless and yearned for TDH every time it was sunny and I wanted to be active. Be it as a means for exercise or transportation, having a bike has become a part of my lifestyle. I am always hesitant to use the word "biker" when referring to myself because it alludes to competitive biking, but I feel I have now earned the title.

No comments: