Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Moment of Silence

Today I am retiring my little black bikini. My first bathing suit, purchased with the help of Kate freshman year, it has provided me with countless hours of coast-to-coast fun. It has, however, seen its final sunset, and I am now ready to let it go with what little dignity it has left. To commemorate it, I thought I'd go through and list some of the amazing places its been with me, in the mean time reminiscing some great college times.

Bought June 2006, that infamous day of Core 4 at Santa Cruz. 4 friends, 5 hours of digging, 6-foot hole, a day we'll never forget.
November 2006: Going to visit Meemz at UCSD with Yaad. Goes down as top-five weekends in college still.
Just an idea of how silly we act around each other:
June 2007: Visiting Atul at USC with Rustin, Shirin, J-dub and Rebe. Another top-five weekend, so great to be driving around in LA with a stolen car- the great company made even the blistering heat and crawling traffic seem fun.

August 2007: The infamous trip to Santa Cruz with Shirin and Bryan, enough said.
September 2007: Pismo Beach, RCSA Inter-UC Super-Retreat. 50 nerds jammed into two connecting condos + booze + beach = insanity. And lets not forget the ATV'ing afterwards.
February 2008: Another trip to San Diego, this time to see Meemz, Yaad and Shalane. Awesome canoeing with UCSD Hawaiin Club!
March 2008: Bone Ski Trip. Skiing at Heavenly with the (UCSF) lab and afterwards relaxing in the jacuzzi out in the snow.
March 2008: Spring break in Clearlake, inner-tubing and practically drowning in 40 degrees water!
Last but not least, an entire semester of swim class that stretched my suit from spin-drying, and all to no avail. When my suit finally reached Jones Beach last weekend, it was so loose I was scared it was going to get smacked off and leave me exposed every time a wave hit me. With these good times behind it, I lay this suit to rest.

:-)

No comments: